DAY 11: JOY III (JOY COMES IN THE MORNING)

 30 DAYS DEVOTIONALS WITH PREACHER SAM

THE RHEMA WORD FOR TODAY





SEPTEMBER 11, 2022.

TOPIC: JOY III (JOY COMES IN THE MORNING)

BIBLE READING: PSALMS 63:1-8

VERSE FOR MEDITATION: PSALMS 30:5 GNT

His anger lasts only a moment, his goodness for a lifetime. Tears may flow in the night, but joy comes in the morning.


David when he was in the wilderness of Judah in 1 Samuel 22, wrote Psalms 63. In it, he wrote, “… Early will I seek You…” To seek the Lord is to wait on Him (Lam. 3:25). And yesterday we saw one of the benefits waiting on the Lord; He renews our strength. And that God supplies strength to us by His joy in our spirit. David sought for strength early. And the Bible says that early in the morning, Jesus went to pray [to wait on the Lord] (Mk. 1:35). So early in the morning, David sought for God. And joy only respond to the nature of God in us. Now this joy comes in the morning, so simply put, David needed the joy of the Lord to supply the strength he needed during his trying times in the wilderness of Judah.

“But seek first the kingdom of God…” (Matt. 6:33). “For the kingdom of God is… joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Rom. 14:17).

Could it be that the reason why many of us have an unproductive day or the day’s activities was bizarre, is because of misplaced priorities? David wrote, “O God, You are my God; early will I seek You… And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips… When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help…” (Ps. 63;1, 5-7).

If you can place your priorities right and seek God’s face early in the morning before doing any other thing, then He will supply strength to do all things through the joy in you that responds to His divine nature (cf. Phil. 4:13).

Our verse for meditation says that God’s goodness is for a lifetime, and David in Psalms 23:6 wrote, “So why would I fear the future? Only goodness and tender love pursue me all the days of my life…” So your weeping may last for the night; for your affliction is but for a moment (cf. 2 Cor. 4:17). But joy comes in the morning!

Anytime you wake up each morning let Psalms 11:24 be your motivation. Because He allowed you to witness another day, therefore you should rejoice and be filled with joy. Because joy comes in the morning. Don’t think about yesterday’s struggles for they are in the past now. For if there is hope for a tree that has been cut down (Job 14:7), then there is much hope for a man that is still alive. I don’t know what you’ve passed through, but one thing I know is that your joy has come. Don’t use the errors of the past to judge your present.


PRAYER:

SWEET HOLY SPIRIT, BECAUSE I’M ALIVE TODAY, FILL MY HEART WITH YOUR JOY AND TAKE AWAY MY PAINS AND SORROWS, THIS I ASK IN CHRIST’S NAME. AMEN!


DECLARATION:

THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE; I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT.


JOURNEY THROUGH THE CHRONOLOGICAL STUDY OF THE LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST:

MARK 5; MATTHEW 9-10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 YEAR THEME: LIVING VICTORIOUSLY

2024: THE YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT

Day 28: THE CHASTISEMENT OF THE LORD