DAY 4: THE WILL OF GOD II

 30 DAYS DEVOTIONALS WITH PREACHER SAM

THE RHEMA WORD FOR TODAY




SEPTEMBER 4, 2022.

TOPIC: THE WILL OF GOD II

BIBLE READING: 1 JOHN 5:6-15

VERSE FOR MEDITATION: JOHN 16:23 NKJV

And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.


We have a confidence in God, that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us. We will be answering two questions here, what is the confidence that we have in God, that makes us ask anything and we will have a reward? And what does it mean to ask according to His will?

In our earlier passage, we see Apostle John making mention of two witnesses, the witness in heaven and the witness on earth, and these witnesses have testimonies about Jesus. So anyone who believes in Him, has the witness in himself and has born the testimony of the eternal life that is in Him which God has given us. In summary, this explains our rebirth and our relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ (cf. 1 Jn. 1:3). So what is the confidence that we have in God that would make us ask Him for anything and He will hear us and grant us our request? The confidence is in the testimony that we bear when we believe on His Son, Jesus Christ; the testimony of eternal life which speaks of our relationship with God, the Father. The confidence that we have in God is the confidence that God is our Father.

The second question is: What does it mean to ask anything to His will? A careful study reveals to us the question “how” and not “what”. Because it did not say, “If we ask what He wills.” but instead it says, “If we ask anything according to His will.”

The will of God in this context is your ability to present your case the way Christ recommended. You can ask anything, but there is a way you must ask.

How do you ask according to the will of God? Our verse for meditation gives us the recommendation Christ gave us. He said that we should ask the Father in His name.

“In Jesus’ name” is not a formula in prayer or does it mean that we are asking the Father through Jesus, but instead it means asking the Father in Jesus’ stead. Simply put, you are asking the Father as Christ.

When we pray in Jesus’ name, we are simply praying in the authority Christ conferred to us. For example, I gave you a cheque to cash out in a bank. The bank teller will only give you the money after confirming that the signature was from me and you are properly identified as the person sent from me. In this analogy, I am Christ, the bank teller is the Father and the cheque is your prayer request. The reason why the money was given to you is because I authorised it by my signature; you have such authority to cash out because of my signature. That is what it means to pray in Jesus’ name.

And don’t forget that the reason why we have such confidence to ask anything according to His will is because we are now identified with Christ. Remember from my analogy that my signature is not enough a reason for you to cash out, you must be properly identified with me, maybe by your national ID card or Student’s ID card. You can’t have such confidence to receive the money if you are not yet properly identified with me.


PRAYER:

FATHER, I THANK YOU FOR SUCH CONFIDENCE I HAVE IN YOU. AND I THANK YOU THAT YOU ALWAYS HEAR ME. AMEN!


DECLARATION:

I KNOW MY FATHER HEARS ME, AND SO WHATEVER I ASK HIM, I RECEIVE.


JOURNEY THROUGH THE CHRONOLOGICAL STUDY OF THE LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST:

LUKE 4-5; JOHN 1:15-51

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 YEAR THEME: LIVING VICTORIOUSLY

2024: THE YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT

Day 28: THE CHASTISEMENT OF THE LORD