DAY 1: CHOSEN

 THE RHEMA WORD FOR TODAY

(A DAILY DEVOTIONAL WITH PREACHER SAM)


 


TOPIC: CHOSEN

DATE: 1 SEPTEMBER, 2020

BIBLE READING: EPHESIANS 1:3-14

MEDITATION/MEMORY VERSE: JOHN 15:16 (AMP)

You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed you and placed and purposefully planted you, so that you would go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit will remain and be lasting, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name [as My representative] He may give to you.

 

Before God created the earth, He created and chose us in Christ Jesus. In Job 38, we see God’s conversation with Job. That Job was born before the earth was formed (Job 38:4, 21). And in Colossians 1, we see how we were created in Christ Jesus, ‘The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.’ (Col. 1:15, 16).

King Solomon wrote in Song of Solomon chapter 6, ‘Even among sixty queens and eighty concubines and countless young women, I would still choose my dove, my perfect one- the favourite of her mother, dearly loved by the one who bore her. The young women see her and praise her; even queens and royal concubines sing her praises.’ (vv. 8, 9). This lady whom he referred to as his choice and perfect one, once said to the daughters of Jerusalem, ‘Don’t look down on me because I’m dark… My brothers ridiculed me… I had no time to care for my own face.’ (SOS 1:6). Meaning she had no attractive look (not beautiful) and had been ridiculed by her own brothers. Yet, King Solomon made her his choice even among sixty beautiful fair queens and also called her perfect. That is what God did to us. He chose us and sees us perfect, even before we got saved through his Son’s blood. Because he had chosen us and sees us perfect in Christ Jesus, he then decided to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through his Son.

 

1 Pet. 1:2 NLT

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy. As a result, you have obeyed him and have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ.

 

Acts 13:48, 49 NLT

When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers. So the Lord’s message spread throughout that region.

 

God loved us, that’s why He chose us and calls us perfect. Yes, you have been chosen even before you came to this world. Though your loved ones might have seen you imperfect (SOS 1:6) or your neighbours might have mocked you (SOS 6:13), yet God still sees you perfect and loved (SOS 6:13b-7:1).

God has given you His Spirit as a guarantee that He had chosen you, irrespective of what you have done or what have been said of you, and has given you an inheritance in Christ Jesus as His sons and daughters.

Our verse for meditation says, ‘You have not chosen Me…’, meaning our sinful flesh condemned us to have a right standing with God, thus, we did not have a choice to choose him, ‘… but I have chosen you and I have appointed you and placed and purposefully planted you…’, meaning he did not only choose us, he also appointed and gave us a right standing with himself and established us a perfect. ‘…so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name [as My representative] He may give to you.’ meaning His Spirit whom he had given us as a guarantee, has caused us to inherit all spiritual blessings.

You are not what the world says you are; you are what God says you are. You are chosen! You are perfect.

 

DECLARATION: I AM CHOSEN! I AM GOD’S OWN! I AM PERFECT! I AM LOVED! I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS! I AM BLESSED! GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!

 

FURTHER STUDY: ROMANS 8

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 YEAR THEME: LIVING VICTORIOUSLY

2024: THE YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT

Day 28: THE CHASTISEMENT OF THE LORD