LESSON FROM A LITTLE CHILD



  I was on a queue at the ATM machine in a bank when I saw a child not heeding to his mother’s warning. After much warning by the mother and refusal by the child, the woman was left with only one choice, to correct him by beating. This little poor boy started crying and walked closer to his mother and wrapped his hands around her thigh, resting his head on it. I became surprised and I asked myself, ‘Is this boy okay at all? His mother disciplined him and instead of going away from her to cry, he went closer to her to cry. Even his mother doesn’t want to pet him, so why the closeness?’ Then it dawned on me that the Holy Spirit is trying to teach me something from this little child.
  As children of the Most High God, there are some times we may fail to yield to the counsels of God, he disciplines us. Just like that little boy I met at the bank, God’s discipline is to bring us back to himself for safety.
  God disciplines us by allowing certain unpleasant things to happen to us, like physical suffering (sicknesses) and hardships. And these things make us to feel helpless and a need to cry for mercy and yieldingness.
  It is very dangerous to learn through the hard way. God’s disciplines are not pleasant at all, so why not learn in obedience and follow his counsel.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 YEAR THEME: LIVING VICTORIOUSLY

2024: THE YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT

Day 28: THE CHASTISEMENT OF THE LORD