LESSONS FROM MY LITTLE NIECE AND NEPHEW



The Bible says, ‘Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.’ (2 Pet. 1:20, 21─KJV).
So it means that Apostle Paul had a great intimacy with the Holy Spirit, because he wrote about half of the New Testament. Yet he said, ‘I want to know Christ─ yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.’ (Phil. 3:10-12 ─NIV).
Apostle Paul? He wasn’t satisfied with the knowledge he had about the power of Christ’s resurrection? That’s astonishing!
That’s how these my little niece and nephew (Seyifunmi and Segunfunmi) are; wanting to know more and more.
Their parents had planned two weeks of their holiday, but somehow, they stayed longer. Well, I think God wanted me to learn from them; which I did.
Even when I think they should know the answers to their questions, yet they ask them. At times, I get pissed off, though I calm myself down, ‘they are little children, and they need answers to their questions.’
Our God isn’t like that, he is always glad to entertain our questions, even when it seems awkward!
Look at Gideon, questioning God. God patiently answered his questions.
Judges 6:11-18 NIV
[11] The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. 
[12] When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.” 
[13] “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.” 
[14] The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?” 
[15] “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family. ” 
[16] The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.” 
[17] Gideon replied, “If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me. 
[18] Please do not go away until I come back and bring my offering and set it before you.” And the Lord said, “I will wait until you return.”

When Jesus was on human flesh, he questioned God, ‘… my God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’ (Matt. 27:46)
God is always patient to answer our questions. Never be afraid to know more about Him, never be afraid in finding answers to your questions.
The Bible says, ‘By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.’ (2 Pet. 1:3─NLT). God speaks to us (that is, he answers our questions) primarily through the Bible.
I could remember their mum telling their grandpa, ‘Seyifunmi asked me one day that since too much of everything is bad, it means too much of God is bad.’
‘Ha,’ grandpa reacted, ‘thank God she asked an insider.’ Well, I can’t remember what else he said.
‘She reads Bible a lot. And it seems as she reads the Bible, that’s when she becomes inquisitive; wanting to know more,’ Aunty Pharmacist; her mother, replied. It was this testimony that made me to learn from them. I hope you’ve learned something?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 YEAR THEME: LIVING VICTORIOUSLY

2024: THE YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT

Day 28: THE CHASTISEMENT OF THE LORD