Wise Men Seek Jesus

Matthew 2:1-2 KJV
[1] Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, [2] Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.


These wise men that came from the east to Jerusalem; seeking for Jesus were gentiles [they were heathen], they didn’t worship the true God. But from the story outline in Matthew 2:1-12, they were idolaters─ star worshippers.
These men, as we have seen in Matthew 2:1, 2, were so passionate─ leaving their country in search for Jesus. They came seeking [making enquiring]. The Bible says, ‘and ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord...’ (Jeremiah 29:13-14). And that’s what these men did─ passionately seeking for Jesus.
No doubt, these men must have been men of great reputation and affluence; from the gifts they presented to Christ, and again, if they hadn’t had a great reputation, the Bible won’t record where they came from. Yet we see the great sense of humility in them, when they bow down and worship this baby-Jesus (Matt. 2:11).
What made these men wise are not really their sophisticated sorceries, but their passionate seeking for Christ (Prov. 3:7).

Today is Christmas [though not biblically proven─ but it’s a day set aside by the world as a season], and in the next seven days [a week to go], we will be celebrating the New Year. We don’t know the season; ‘to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born and a time to die...’ (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2). We don’t know when death may take us neither do we know Christ’s second coming. Please the Bible says, ‘be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil' (Proverbs 3:7). These men in our story were heathen but men of great reputation and affluence, yet the Bible explains that they passionately sought for Jesus Christ, and when they found him, they worshipped him. And I believe that was what made them wise. Therefore, in other words, those who refused to seek Jesus are fools. And fools don’t find their way to heaven. Making Jesus your Saviour and your Lord is a very wise decision you could make this Christmas season.

Salvation is a free gift you could receive this Christmas season. It’s a gift which Christ has purchased for us with his own blood. Your money can’t buy that. These wise men were men of great affluence, yet they sought for Christ. Make no delay in accepting this free gift of eternal life.
2 Corinthians 6:1-2 (NLT)
[1] As God's partners, we beg you not to accept this marvellous gift of God's kindness and then ignore it. [2] For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, the "right time" is now. Today is the day of salvation.

If you’re ready to accept this free gift of eternal life, just simply go down on your knees and read out this prayer with all sincerity:

Lord Jesus, I know you left all, for my sake and died on the cross. You shed your blood, so that my sins will be purged out and I will be cleansed. This I know that my works can't save me, but only by your grace. I receive your life now, that I may live. Come and be my Lord and Saviour. Fill me with your peace, love and abundant joy as I enjoy this eternal life you've given me. Thank you Lord! Hallelujah! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 YEAR THEME: LIVING VICTORIOUSLY

DAY 12: THE MESSAGE OF RECONCILIATION

DAY 2: BEFORE THE FALL