I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEE



  As we all know, every preacher’s message will be narrowed to the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ during this festive period.
  Last year during the Holy Week, we shared a 7-day devotional on THE LAST 7 SAYINGS OF JESUS CHRIST on our various social media platforms. And compiled and shared them as a single article on our blog on Easter Sunday.
  This year, we are delving into one of them in relation to this year’s theme; REWRITING THE PAST, RERBIRTHING THE FUTURE.
  The fourth saying of Jesus, “Eloi,Eloi, lema sabachtani?” (Which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”) –Matt. 27:46.
  For the first time, Jesus felt some sort of separation and abandoned by God. But was he really separated from God?
  Jesus took up human flesh when he came to this world (Jn. 1:14; 1 Jn. 4:3; 2 Jn. 1:7), so he was bound with human feelings (Heb. 4:15; Phil. 2:7, 8). And then, as a man with flesh and blood, he felt some sort of separation from God. But truly God had been with him all through the journey to the cross. Just as Job felt abandoned, but God was with him all through his challenges. God has promised, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” (Heb. 13:5).
  So Jesus was actually crying as a human with weaknesses and probably trying to fulfil all scripture, because he must have somehow quoted Psalm 22:1 or even the whole chapter (Jn. 19:28a).
  According to Paul’s account on this, he wrote; "Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Hismelf through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconiliation." (2 Cor. 5:18, 19).
  So God had always been with Jesus Christ throughout his crucifixion. And scattered across scripture, God’s word never fails.
For no word from God will ever fail.
Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.
“Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "Yes!" And through Christ, our "Amen" (which means "Yes") ascends to God for his glory.

‘…God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” (He) is the same yesterday and today and forever. For I am the Lord, I change not…’ (Heb. 13:5, 8; Mal. 3:6).
So it is time to REWRITE THE PAST that God always leave His children helpless and rejected and REBIRTH THE FUTURE that he is always with us and very willing to help us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 YEAR THEME: LIVING VICTORIOUSLY

2024: THE YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT

Day 28: THE CHASTISEMENT OF THE LORD